PA010043

How Old is Baby Now...

Tuesday 25 November 2008

That Nappy Mountain


I finally made the decision - I've been out and bought 18 Bumgenius V3 washable nappies - one size from tiny to potty training.

The initial cash layout (Euro22 each) put me off to be honest - and the thought that I might decide I can't be bothered to wash them too... but they are great and quite easy to dry.

In fact when I went out to Montpellier for the day the other day, I thought that disposables might be easier - but they felt so sweaty and squeaky and uncomfortable, I really actually prefer the Bumgenius ones - I'm really glad I did it. The only drawback I've found is that they are enormous on Eloise's bum...

I bought them from Bebe au Naturel - really quick and efficient delivery...

2 comments:

Helen said...

are you still enjoying the bumgenius eco nappies. i've known about them for a while and some parents complain about the leaks so would love to get your thoughts. how many bumgenius did you use in a day when eloise was first born? xx

Wendy Johnson said...

Hi Helen,
We didn't use them until Eloise was over a month old - we were told not to use them at the beginning (because of meconium sticking and staining) and then we ummed and ahhed about buying them for ages (huge initial outlay and then we might be disappointed) - we have only had leaks at night (i.e. long long time in one nappy) and we both think that we get much less red bottom with them - disposables seem so rough too now...
Very pleased with them - wish we'd bought them for baby no 1 (but we didn't have an outside space to dry them or a tumble dryer for that matter..)
Wendy